Size | 160x200cm
Colour | marble brown/black
by Theresa Bader @Exploring Wool
South Tyrol / Italy
Available colours | marble brown/black &
These hand-washed, pure sheepwool throws by Theresa Bader at Exploring Wool ooze contemporary feel whilst providing the perfect, sooting mix of stone white & black, also marble brown & black colours.
The patterns and colours of Bader's home accessories are influenced by her local, mountain scenery, combining the beauty of natural fabrics and dyes, to give your home interior a unique yet organic look. Her lightweight throws are a great option when you want to snuggle up, comfortably on the sofa or add an extra layer to your bed.
Handmade of 100% pure sheepwool in South Tyrol, Italy.
Important facts about Exploring Wool work:
- 100% sheep wool
- 100% Handmade locally in South Tyrol
- Handwashed Wool – when washed by hand, using water and soup only the valuable lanolin found in the wool is retained!
- Fair Production - the increased demand for cheaper, synthetic fibres, has resulted in abundance of raw wool left unused and yet, Exploring Wool continues to pay farmers fairly in order to sustain the cycle of local produce, farm existence and animal habitats.
- The decreasing demand of wool means large quantities are left unused and often wasted, which puts enormous burden on local farmers livelihoods and their abilities to breed and retain the animals.
- Recent statistics by the WFO show that currently, nine sheep breeds are facing extinction in South Tyrol alone.
Each item is handmade and therefore impossible to replicate exactly, which makes them slightly different from one another and also unique. We hope you see this as an advantage rather than a vice!